09 Apr Detroit Experience Factory tours visit mansions, makers, and more this summer
Source: Curbed Detroit
For those looking to learn more about Detroit neighborhoods, art, and architecture, numerous tours are available in and around Detroit. Detroit Experience Factory (DXF)—which recently closed its downtown location and now runs out of TechTown—just announced a variety of tours for its busy summer season, including new tours showcasing businesses, makers, and mansions.
“With Detroit’s popularity on the rise, it’s even more important to be a gateway and advocate for visitors, metro-Detroiters and city residents to connect with city experiences, small businesses and passionate people.” Jeanette Pierce, DXF Executive Director, said. “Our refreshed summer tour schedule does so and takes participants into neighborhoods and spaces that we love and admire.”
A few of the tours available this summer include:
- Neighborhood walking tours in New Center, Corktown, Grandmont Rosedale, Hamtramck, the Villages, and Livernois.
- A black-owned businesses bus tour, highlighting businesses and their owners, with stories about entrepreneurship in the city.
- A makers + studio spaces bus tour, visiting gallery and manufacturing spaces of creatives in the city.
- An Eastern Market at Night walking tour to learn more about the historic market, art, and businesses in the district.
- A Hidden City Bus Tour visiting three different historic mansions Midtown, Arden Park, and downtown.
The group will also host many downtown and architecture walking tours, plus Cultural Center and Belle Isle tours. The full schedule can be found here. The season kicks off with the free New Center Walking Tour May 2. DXF will also host their Spring Soiree fundraiser at the newly-renovated Detroit Club April 18.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.